Splendora Agatha Cromwell, better known as Agatha or Aggie Cromwell, is a character on the Disney Channel Original Movie series, Halloweentown.
In Return to Halloweentown, it was revealed that she was the Queen of Halloweentown and possessor of a powerful necklace known as the Gift which could be used to control people. However wanting to live like a normal witch and use her powers for good, she locked the Gift away and abdicated her throne which in turn ended the monarchy. It is also revealed that she prefers to be called "Agatha" or "Aggie" for short.
During the Dark Times, 18-year-old Splendora Agatha Cromwell was the Princess of Halloweentown, who possessed an ancient power known as the Gift. It was a necklace that had great power to give the wearer complete control over any person, which was past down from mother to daughter in the cromwell family since the time of it's creation, - but it could only be worn by a Cromwell witch. An evil battalion of dark warlocks and witches known as the Dominion, sought the Gift and wanted Splendora to use it to dominate Halloweentown. Wanting to live like a regular witch, Splendora placed the Gift in a chest and hid it under the ruins of Witch University, it is said that only her heir could unleash the Gift that's stored inside the box and use the power within it.
Halloweentown High (2004)
Return to Halloweentown (2006)
She is a witch and resides in the city of Halloweentown until Gwen offers to let her move to the human world and live with them at the end of the Halloweentown. She agrees, but is having a very hard time not using her magic. In the first two movies, Halloweentown and Halloweentown II: Kalabar's Revenge, she carries a bottomless carpetbag that magically strolls along next to her as she walks. In Halloweentown High, she tries to fit in by taking various teaching jobs at Marnie and Dylan's high school and falls for the principal. Splendora possessed great power, not only because she was a relative of the great wizard Merlin, but because she was a Cromwell, a naturally powerful witch, known to have possessed unique powers. She is very wise and knew quite alot about magic and witches and of course Halloweentown. Aggie is a friend to all, and doesn't harm anyone. She only uses her ancient, powerful magic when the situation demands it.
Friends & Family
- "Your days of rule are at an end, Kalabar." - Aggie confronting Kalabar along with Gwen, Marnie, Dylan and Sophie
- "I do have the talisman. And soon, your hold over the creatures of Halloweentown will be broken forever!" - Aggie confronting Kalabar (who's disguised as a shadow hooded demon) at the abandoned theater
- "Leave my family alone!" - Aggie to Kalabar (disguised as a shadow hooded demon)
- "I didn't know Kalabar had a child." - Aggie talking about Kal
- The most likely reason Aggie was pressuring Gwen into training Marnie in witchcraft is likely due to the visit college-age Marnie paid to her in the Middle Ages to help thwart the Dominion.
- In the first two films, Aggie had a magical bag that would follow her all by itself, and had the ability to produce whatever she wanted from it because it was linked at her house back in Halloweentown. In the third film, she uses a new one, made of reptile hide which turns into a reptilian monster on its own.
- She appears in all four of the Halloweentown films with actresses Debbie Reynolds portraying her as an adult and Sara Paxton portraying her as a teenager.